Powered by Blogger.

The Journey of building our forever home

The Journey of building our forever home

Lounge Details

We are meeting with our builder and architect this morning to go over the sketches before heading towards working drawings. One thing that I would adore in this house is a beautiful lounge for hubby and I.  We will have a fireplace with either a white mantel and built in shelving or stone. French doors or similar that can be closed off for winter so that the room can be warm and cosy is a must have - after living in a large open plan house for 5 years I am craving a house that can stay warm!

Would also love some sort of different ceiling in this space - either lined, vaulted or some sort of different plaster work to give it some difference. Will see if I can get my way today!  
We are having a step down into our kitchen/dining and living areas which I just love.  This stone fireplace is gorgeous too and brings some warmth and character to the room

Amazing doors!




These are similar to the windows we are choosing throughout the house


A more modern take on fireplace treatment

How gorgeous are these ceilings!





No comments